Bluejack Consulting Inc. is a growing Atlantic Canada Spatial Intelligence and Information Management firm that believes in investing and re-investing in its people. We offer opportunities for career path development, ongoing professional development and very competitive compensation packages.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Interested? Please forward a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GIS Developer/Programmer (Location: Halifax, NS)
We are looking for someone who can design and deliver end-to-end solutions, positively interact with clients, and contribute to developing standards and procedures. The successful candidate will assist in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of systems, software, GIS, and data integration solutions. A solid understanding of geospatial technologies and ESRI ArcGIS Server, open-source geospatial technologies, is desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, analyze, recommend, and implement GIS server products and systems for commercial and government clients
- Originate new concepts, strategies, or innovative approaches that have a significant impact on the user experience and application design & development
- Work productively in a team environment, maintaining good communication with cross-functional team members throughout the project lifecycle
- Assists in meeting project deliverable requirements and deadlines
- Understands and interprets client business applications and is responsible for developing applications and products to fulfill customer requirements
- Helps to resolve technical issues
- Analyze functional requirements and recommend adoption of new technologies, products, and services
- Monitoring and performance tuning of solutions and systems including performance tuning for various products and technologies
- Provides exemplary customer service to all clients
- Assignments may require some travel and may require that you work directly onsite for our clients.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following but not limited to:
- 3+ years of professional experience in application design, development, and implementation
- Fluency in Esri or GIS products and technology
- Experience open-source geospatial and other technologies
- Understanding of application architecture best-practices
- Experience working with client-side MVC frameworks and HTML
- Experience with ASP.NET Core 2+ frameworks including Razor and MVC
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Intermediate and Senior Business Analysts (IT and /or GIS)
We are in search of intermediate and senior business analysts preferably with utility and municipal, and oil/gas experience. We’d love for you to be certified as a CBAP or CCBA, however, we are willing to help you get there as part of your professional development. The role would have you working and interacting on client projects either onsite or from other locations depending on the project needs. If you have these skills we’d love to hear from you…
- You understand that communicating is as much about listening and developing a common understanding with your teammates and clients.
- You understand how to leverage BABOK to create amazing deliverables for your clients.
- Comfortable and experienced in eliciting and documenting business requirements either in a workshop environment or one-on-one interview sessions.
- You have an innate ability to transform stated business requirements, functional and non-functional specifications, and use cases into technical language that other technical analyst, including programmers, can accurately interpret and code from.
- You are comfortable preparing for, organizing and executing Joint Application Design prototyping or mock-up workshops.
- You are a critical thinker and you know how to decompose, create or improve business workflow based on your understanding of client needs.
- Because of your interpersonal skills and phenomenal communication style, you work extremely well with people from diversified business and technical backgrounds.
- You understand what it means to work in a projectized environment under a project governance structure.
- You are detail oriented and understand that defining the details in an IT project are critical to its success.
- You don’t just have knowledge of, but you follow Business Analysis best practices and appreciate the importance of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
- You appreciate and understand what it means to work as a team player, with a team in a professionally managed project.
- 5 plus years of IT Business Analysis experience in a consulting environment.
- Experience in applying Business Analysis techniques with municipal and/or utility sector clients.
- Must be willing to actively pursue, with Bluejack support, the CCBA and/or CBAP or PMI – BA certifications based on hours of Business Analysis experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years organizing and facilitating “requirements gathering workshops”.
- Must be willing to take on minimal travel within Atlantic, Eastern, and Western Canada.